Peru Volunteer (PV) is a small organization that works from inside Peruvian institutions in the fields of Education and Sports. With the help of volunteers we want to make these institutions more efficient and better structured. PV is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator (VC) in Peru (Cusco). PV operates at the moment in Cusco. PV has a volunteer house and works together with a small Spanish school. PV works together with various projects. The VC has to maintain and extend the current activities of the organization.
Peru Volunteer is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator
for the organization in Peru.
The VC is in charge of guiding and supporting the volunteers and coordinating PV’s activities in Peru. Volunteer activities, emergency assistance, airport pick-ups, project planning and coordinating the language courses are part of the tasks. Also marketing and finance skills are needed.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor degree; preferably in (Volunteer) Management, Business, Social studies
- Guiding, managing and coordinating the volunteers before, during and after their stay
- Airport pick-up, City tour, Cultural program and other volunteer activities
- Coordination and planning of Spanish classes and volunteer house in Cusco
- Make ongoing improvements to the volunteer program
- Social media marketing and Finance
- Always reachable for emergency assistance
- Report to General Manager
Requirements for the job:
- Responsible and independent work attitude
- Proactive, inspirational and creative
- Excellent communication skills and affinity with PV goals and vision
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills: problem solving skills, listening and genuine interest in people
- Flexible team player and intercultural personality
- Good computer skills (Office, Social Media; light WordPress skills are an extra)
- Experience in Peru or Latin America (Latin-American studies, Education, Development)
- Availability for minimum 6 months. We prefer a commitment for 1 year
- Free accommodation in volunteer house
- Local salary
- Job location & start date: Cusco – March 2017
- Assistance and support
- Personal development
- Flight, insurance and vaccination
- Food and personal expenses
If you are interested in this job
please send us your application (CV, letter of motivation and 2 references)
to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
We review applications on a rolling basis and therefore advise that you apply as soon as possible. Interviews will take place over Skype.